Thursday, April 9, 2015

If You Want to Turn It Up Knix Mix Style, You'll Need to Play These!

I have a dream club playlist in my head.  Too bad I don't have a club to play in, no?  There are more where these came from, but if you want to turn it up with music that makes DJ Knix want to go dancing, add these to your playlist!

Vitalic - Poison Lips

Pascal Arbez, otherwise known as Vitalic, is a French producer who has been at this electronic music thing since the late 90's.  He also happens to be friends with The Hacker.  As in Miss Kittin & the Hacker.  "Poison Lips" is from the 2009 album Flashmob.




Miss Kittin & The Hacker - Life on MTV

Speaking of Miss Kittin & The Hacker, the debut album of the electronic music duo is appropriately called First Album.  The French Miss Kittin began her career as a DJ before working with The Hacker.  The album version of "Life on MTV" is the one I prefer.  The vocals on the video version are just different enough to off my groove, but I still like it.  Will it date me if I tell you that I remember the first video played on MTV?  "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles in case you were curious.




Étienne de Crécy - Someone Like You

French music pioneer Étienne de Crécy's "Someone Like You" is the anti-love song and really fun to dance to!  You can pick it up on Super Discount 2 or Essentials (Best of), which has some of his other must own tracks.



Ascii.Disko - Einfach

Ascii.Disko is the project of German-born Daniel Holc who now resides in Madrid, Spain.  Before becoming an electronic music producer and DJ, he played guitar for a rock band.  Who knew? The eponymously titled album Ascii.Disko is deliriously fun to dance to.



Club 8 - Stop Taking My Time

Swedish Club 8 is the only indie pop group that made the (abbreviated) playlist, but everything in Sweden is better. "Stop Taking My Time," which could be the theme song for my life, came from one of my favorite albums of 2013, Above the City.



MSTRKRFT - Street Justice

MSTRKRFT (pronounced "master craft") is an electronic duo out of Toronto, Canada.  "Street Justice" is from their debut album The Looks, which came out in 2006, and the video as homage to 70's era Soul Train.


No comments:

Post a Comment